The Monticello City Parks Department and the Monticello-Union Township Public Library announces its 2017 Spring Parks Programs. Please click here to review and print the activities listing.
- February 22, Wed. – Great Americans Day- 4pm-Library-k-5 Enjoy crafts, food and trivia about some of America’s great people.
- March 29, Wed. – Spring Break Egg Hunt – 10am- Library- pre-5. Have an early Easter with music, stories, crafts and an egg hunt.
- April 7, Fri. – Teen Flashlight Egg Hunt – 8-9:30pm - City Park – Teens, bring a flashlight to hunt for eggs in the dark then enjoy music, prizes and games.
- April 22, Sat. – Birding on Earth Day – 8am – City Park- Everyone, bring binoculars or use the park’s binoculars to view birds in their nesting structures.
- April 22, Sat. – Earth Day in the Park- 1-3pm in City Park – Family fun, learn about our Earth and how to care for it and help plant a tree.
- May 12, Fri. – Stories by the Fire- 7-8pm- Altherr Amphitheater – Families, come sing, listen to a storyteller and make smores.
- May 20, Sat. – Planting Butterfly Garden – 10am -Library –k-5th grades- After lesson students plant annual flowers in the library’s butterfly garden.
Watch for our brochure here or on the Monticello Parks Department Facebook Page