Parks Dept. Announces Summer Programs
Space Travel is our future! First the moon, then Marks, then who knows? For students entering Grade 3 to Grade 6. We will meet Wednesdays in June at noon in the Shady Rest Pavilion in the City Park. The cost is $3.00
- June 5 - Blast Off With Rockets - Science and history of rockets and a rocket launch!
- June 12 - Space Camp - Astronaut training, clothing, and foods.
- June 19 - Moons of Jupiter and Saturn - So many moons and each one is different. Let's look at most of them.
DIY Projects Join us at Central Pavilion in the City Park at 7pm on Mondays in July to create fun works of art. For adults and older children. Fee of $10.00 will be charged.
July 8 - Clay Pot Wind Chimes
July 15 Tree Round Wreath
July 22 Wood Burning Project
Art in the Park
Art in the Park Is taught by Joy Bailey, retired art teacher, and is for adults and older kids. Meet at the Anheier Building in City Park at 6:30pm. Cost is $5.00
- June 5th - Quilting Tulips
- June 11th - Mixed Media Butterfly
- July 10th & 25th - Pastel Landscape
This summer, on Tuesdays fro 4pm to 7 pm, the parks, library and others will partner with the Farmers Market to bring Power of Produce (POP) to our youth. This program runs from May 28th to August 6th. The goal is to allow children to participate in eating healthy locally grown foods and engage in physical activities. Sign up at the POP table at the Farmers Market.
Special Programs: All Ages Welcome. Free of charge
- Free Fishing at Bluewater Beach Park is on June 1 from 8am-10am. Learn about casting, bait, lures, and more from local anglers.
- Hoots to Howls is on June7th at Altherr Nature Park Amphitheater at 7pm. Kim Hoover from Hoots to Howls Wildlife Rehabilitation will bring birds to show.
- Skateboarding Competition is June 15th in Jordan Park. Registration is at noon and the competition is at 1pm.
- Celebration in the Park Is Saturday July 6th in City Park from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. Celebration is an old fashioned carnival with free food, games, sky divers and more! Great fun for all!