Residents Encouraged to Complete 2020 Census
The City of Monticello, Indiana is participating in the U.S. Census 2020. Here are some brief facts about this year's census:
- The U.S. Constitution mandates a Census count must be held every ten years.
- The data is used to allocate federal dollars which have direct impact on planning for schools, transportation, health programs, and other community needs.
- Census data is also used to draw districts which translates to Congressional seats.
- The Census will be available in 13 different languages online.
- The Census Bureau will provide support in 59 different languages.
- It is safe and easy to complete.
- Your answers are confidential.