2023 ADA Disability Awareness Month Schedule
2023 ADA Disability Awareness Month Support/Sponsorship Opportunities
The City of Monticello and the Mayor’s Advisory Council for the ADA Is proud to once again support Disability Awareness Month and plans are well underway.
As always the City of Monticello is committed to being an accessible, responsive, community that welcomes and includes everyone. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) has become a useful tool in assuring that access changes are made and policies are developed to give people with all kinds of disabilities an equal opportunity to participate and benefit from community programs and activities. Listed below are our initial Schedule of Events.
All times are EST (Indianapolis/GMT -5)
- Wednesday January 11th: Banner Art Contest Projects are turned into City Hall for judging.
- Wednesday, January 18th: The Art Projects are judged in the West Bay at new City Hall
- Wednesday, March 1: Art and Banner displays go up on Main Street
- March 1-16th: Art will be on display at the Monticello Library during open hours.
- March 20-31: Art will be on display at West Bay Area at City Hall, 120 W. Washington St.
- Tuesday, March 7: 10:00am Awareness Month Story Hour-Monticello-Union Township Public Library- Celebrity Reader
- Thursday, March 9: 5:00pm Wheel Chair Basketball & Social Services Fair at Twin Lakes High School Auxiliary Gym - Door 9 on west side of building from side parking lot
- 5:00-7:00pm - Social Services and Transition Fair
- 6:00pm - Lafayette Spinners Wheelchair Basketball Demonstration
- 6:20pm - City Department Tournament and Annual Guns Vs. Hoses
- 6:40pm - Monticello Combined Game—Red vs. White
- 7:00pm - Aktion Club members recognized
- 7:10pm - Half-time Activities. Please visit our concession stand and social services booths
- 7:20pm - City Department Tournament Championship
- Wednesday, March 15: 6:00pm Story Hour at Monticello-Union Township Public Library - Celebrity Reader
- Thursday, March 16: Walk a Mile In My Shoes Day at the White Oak Health Campus - Dementia Experience. Call White Oaks Health Care to schedule an appointment.
- Wednesday, March 22: 3:30pm Story Hour at Monticello-Union Township Public Library - Celebrity Reader
- Thursday, March 23: 5:30pm Arts & Awards Reception at City Hall, West Bays 120 W Washington Street