The City of Monticello is honoring our City Pool employees. 2022 has been a record year for swim lessons and pool attendance. Monticello Mayor Cathy Gross presented Certificates of Appreciation to the City Pool employees for their service to the City. Scott Kubly, Pool Manager, received recognition for 43 years of service to the City Pool and Parks Department.
White County Indiana - Effective July 14, 2022. The White County Commissioners have declared a burn ban effective from July 14, 2022 12:01 am until July 21, 2022 12:01 am. This will be reevaluated on July 20th to determine if it needs extended.
In summary, the following activities are banned:
- Unpermitted controlled burns
- Burning of yard and household trash
- Burning of construction debris
- Burning of organic debris
- Discarding extinguished smoking materials of any kind on the ground or not within an enclosed fireproof receptacle.
- Non-commercial burning of material which is not contained in a barbecue grill, with a lid which is only opened periodically and constantly attended.
- The burning of any other open-air fires
- Fireworks of any kind, except fireworks displays by an entity having a permit issued by the Office of Indiana State Fire Marshall or displays sponsored by a White County municipality and supervised by a local fire department.
Note: Applications Due on August 19th by 4pm
The Monticello Fire Department is growing and expanding services to the Monon Community. Six positions will be available.
- Probationary Pay - $48,195.00
- 1 Year Pension Base Pay - $53,658.00
- Lateral Transfer Bonus - $3,500.00
- Be at least 18 years of age and have not reached 36th birthday
- Hold a current Indiana Emergency Medical Technician Certificate
- Hold a valid driver's license
- Be willing to attain paramedic certification at employer's expense
Applications are due August 19th by 4pm. See this webpage for application and other information.