Monticello Fire DepartmentI would like to offer a warm welcome to our local citizens and visitors to the Monticello community. I am proud to serve as the Fire Chief of the City I have called home for more than 50 years. We would like to extend an open invitation to our community and visitors to tour our department and learn about the services we proudly provide.
The Monticello Fire Department is the only full time fire department in our county. We provide Fire and ALS Ambulance services to the City of Monticello, several townships, and parts of neighboring Carroll County.
The men and women of our department respond to well over 3000 calls for emergency services per year. Our 23 Firefighter/Paramedics and 7 Part time Firefighter/EMTs are working around the clock to keep our residents and lake visitors safe.
Chief Galen Logan
MFD Job OpeningsWe are currently accepting applications for full time Firefighter/Paramedic for the 2020 application process.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age, have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and provide copy of their BMV driving record
- Applicants must pass a limited history background check.
- Applicants must live in White County or a county that is contiguous to White County in accordance with residential requirements as stated by IC 36-8-4-2.
- Any other training and experience related to Fire/EMS services is scored higher on the interview process.
NOTE: Applications are held for six months. At the end of the six month period, you must re-apply.
- 01 MFD Full-Time Firefighter/EMT Application Information Packet
- 02 MFD Part-Time Application Information Packet
- 03 Monticello Fire Department Application - Fillable Format
- 04 Monticello Fire Department Application - PDF Format
- 05 Release of Information
- 06 Honesty Statement
- 07 BMV Records Check
- 08 Criminal History Check