Burn Ban Established
White County Indiana - Effective July 14, 2022. The White County Commissioners have declared a burn ban effective from July 14, 2022 12:01 am until July 21, 2022 12:01 am. This will be reevaluated on July 20th to determine if it needs extended.
In summary, the following activities are banned:
- Unpermitted controlled burns
- Burning of yard and household trash
- Burning of construction debris
- Burning of organic debris
- Discarding extinguished smoking materials of any kind on the ground or not within an enclosed fireproof receptacle.
- Non-commercial burning of material which is not contained in a barbecue grill, with a lid which is only opened periodically and constantly attended.
- The burning of any other open-air fires
- Fireworks of any kind, except fireworks displays by an entity having a permit issued by the Office of Indiana State Fire Marshall or displays sponsored by a White County municipality and supervised by a local fire department.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.